Seventh, in my post series about the characters in Cleaning House – An Appalachian Contemporary Fantasy, comes Dustu – a half-magic child who doesn’t understand his ability.
1) Name/Nickname – Dustu, Son, Tsalagi Boy, Raven Mocker’s Pawn
2) Occupation/ Title/ Purpose – A boy, a child, a… danger
3) Associated Song – “Failure” by Breaking Benjamin
4) Descriptive Sentence, Phrase, or Excerpt –
Half magic was worse than no magic at all. Dangerous. Unitsi had warned them twice recently, had said Stowne should stay away from their son. Cent felt Dustu’s energy concentrating before she got close enough to stop him, helpless as blood-drenched feathers slipped from between his small fingers.
5) Quotable – “Isn’t it pretty? Look, Etsi! Look what I did!”
Read more Cleaning House Meet The Characters Posts HERE.